Quant: What Does the Word Really Mean and Why Should I Consider a Quant Career?
The Center for Financial Studies (CFS) at the Rensselaer Lally School of Management invites industry executives throughout the academic year to speak to our various Lally School constituencies about the fields of corporate finance, financial intermediation, capital markets, risk analytics, and financial engineering.
We invite you to join us for an interactive panel of distinguished Rensselaer alumni who will discuss:
• The many meanings of the word “Quant.”
• How career paths have evolved in both financial engineering and risk management.
• How a career in quantitative analysis can be an exciting and rewarding choice.
• How the definition of “Quant” has not only changed, but has stayed the same in some very important ways.
• The overall impact of quantitative analysis on the field of finance.
The Rensselaer alumni executives include:
• Dr. Tom Hancock ’85 (co-head of GMO’s Quantitative Equity Team and lead manager for their International Quantitative Portfolios).
• Pankaj Patel ’90 (the global head of Quantitative Analysis at Credit Suisse).
• Dr. Joseph Pimbley ’85 (former managing director and head of Financial Engineering at Duff & Phelps Corporation).
This distinguished panel has a great deal to offer to degree candidates actively enrolled in the Financial Engineering and Risk Analytics (FERA) program at the Lally School. They are great representatives of the Rensselaer alumni network and highly accomplished practitioners of quantitative professions.
Questions from the audience are not only welcomed but are expected.
A small reception will follow.
To register email Tom Whalen, director of MBA/M.S. Career Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.